Only organisations can join the World Diplomatic Organization (WDO)
The World Diplomatic Organization (WDO) welcomes organisations who are sharing the aim of the Diplomacy.
What does the Organization offer its members:
- An international network to share news and contact and to give more visibility to its members (at the international level, including with the UN system)
- A website with one page dedicated to each of its member organizations and articles published about the activities carried out by the members
- A list-serve for members to share updates, strategies, resources and communicate,
- Publications, tools dedicated to the coalition’s missions, such as the mobilization kit for World Day. Each member receives every year a parcel with all the tools for World Day
- News about the death penalty in the world (WDO monthly Newsletter, Diplomatic activities Worldwide Database and Online Library)
- A voice and a vote at the bi-annual General Assembly to contribute to strategic issues.
What the Organization does not provide for its members:
- Support for individual cases/legal aid
- Financial support
- Media work or official statements, although they can be shared with the Organization, they cannot be created or initiated by the Organization.
How members can support the World Diplomatic Organization:
- be an active member: the World Diplomatic Organization depends on its members to contribute to the discussions and advocacy of the network run the network and they should be encouraged to take an active part in the missions
- support for its work via the membership fee, as well as voluntary financial donations and in-kind contributions
- actively promote the coalition and its missions through its work, social media, website, advocacy
- share local or regional networks (human rights, media, political)
To join us, please:
Do not fill in the online form as it is outdated for now.
Before you apply for membership, we invite you to consult the membership rules.
The Steering Committee decides twice a year on new requests for membership (in April and November).
For any additional information, please contact us.